Ordo Malificum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Belgian WoW Guild

You are not connected. Please login or register

RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw

+4
haya
Spanks
Santa
Incy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Incy

Incy
Admin

Strategy

-1tank
-3healers
-2 melee
-4 ranged

Phase 1
-Magmaw will cast Pillar of Flame, marking a location and giving you four seconds to get out of the area. If you're too slow, you get a massive damage knockback.

-Pillar of Fire will also spawn Lava Parasites. If these hit you, they apply a debuff which, after 10 seconds, will explode into AOE damage on the raid and spawn more Lava Parasites. You don't want to get hit by these--

-abilities like Ice Trap and Ice Shards will be critical here. Freeze the Parasites and then kill them as soon as possible from range. This ability is on about a 30-second cooldown, so you have to kill the Parasites quick.

-Magmaw will periodically Mangle your tank, causing massive damage every few seconds. After 30 seconds of this he'll eat your tank, preventing him from taking any action. Have your tank either blow his cooldowns right before the timer is up and muscle through it, or swap in a second tank.

-Magmaw will also periodically cast Ignition, which will set one half of the room on fire. Watch for the steam, and move the raid to the other side.

Phase 2

-Magmaw will slump forward. When this happens, 3 melee DPS need to use the spikes to jump on his head. This will give them a new ability called Constricting Chains, which should be spammed. If you use it enough, you'll impale Magmaw's head on a spike.

If you've done this correctly, Magmaw will take double damage and be unable to do anything during the phase. This is a good time for Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp.

https://ordomalificum.actieforum.com

2RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Santa

Additional info about this boss
wowpedia link

And do you have any information about pets/demons ? Can they be infected by worms?

3RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Blackwing Descent seems to be in Blackwing's Lair which is in Upper Blackrock Spire.

There is a quest to get attuned to BL, avoiding the need to go all the way through UBRS each time, it might be a good idea to do it, as this raid instance doesn't seem to be the easiest one to reach.

4RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Santa

Spanks wrote:Blackwing Descent seems to be in Blackwing's Lair which is in Upper Blackrock Spire.

There is a quest to get attuned to BL, avoiding the need to go all the way through UBRS each time, it might be a good idea to do it, as this raid instance doesn't seem to be the easiest one to reach.

BWL attunement quest

5RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

haya

haya

there is an entrance to the raid outside the mountain.
when you look at gate in searing gorge (outside) fly up its on the left side.
It is the plateau where you fight nefarian in the old raid instance.

6RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Ah... nice to know that Smile

So no excuse to be late then!

7RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

Your master says, check this video. I prefer it over the Tankspot video. Firstly because it is for the 10-man version, and secondly, because it seems a lot less prone to mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdV3hYPMJs

8RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Shame on you! You know I can't see this from here... Going for the solo tank strategy or a rotation ? Just so I know if I've to rush to gem my dps gear and continue with the macros.

9RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

Well, even the guys on tankspot who did the 25-man version only used 1 tank, so we'll go with that. But I saw that you, me and Slaybeard are signed up. So we'll have to roll for spots :S

10RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Santa

Jeeves is ready ....

11RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Grudgebeard wrote:Well, even the guys on tankspot who did the 25-man version only used 1 tank, so we'll go with that. But I saw that you, me and Slaybeard are signed up. So we'll have to roll for spots :S

Yup, although they say on tankspot that you can use other lineups, we don't know the stuff of their tank.

Gotta see what's available as melee dps too, you need them to chain the boss and they do tell in tankspot video that no melee means an enraged boss.

And don't worry about the rolls, if I remember correctly there isn't any fantastic tank loot on this guy Wink

12RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

Maybe it's best if I don't go? Seeing as I've gone along last time for the Tol Barad raid, and my gear is the least of all three tanks. You and Slay may take this one. I'll go with the next group then Wink

13RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Spanks

Spanks

We'll start by seeing who's there on time Wink

14RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

I'm in charge of cooking today, so I'll get online as soon as the fire department has left.

15RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Gast

Grudgebeard wrote:Maybe it's best if I don't go? Seeing as I've gone along last time for the Tol Barad raid, and my gear is the least of all three tanks. You and Slay may take this one. I'll go with the next group then Wink

The loot is good for me ==> Akirus the Worm-Breaker

2-handed mace with expertise AND Mastery so , for this weapon i would love to go.
+
a nice trinket = Symbiotic Worm.

About the rest we will see who comes along.
I rather go with an extra tank who can spec melee then going with a pug.

About the gear part, i dont know, i think i am the least one or Grudge and myself have almost an equal setup.

Anyway , first tries will be wipes, although the fight aint hard.

16RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

For us tanks it's an easy one, just stay in your corner, dps the boss and pop cooldowns before the chomp-chomp.

17RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Gast

Grudgebeard wrote:For us tanks it's an easy one, just stay in your corner, dps the boss and pop cooldowns before the chomp-chomp.

P3 demands another tank due to the armor debuff.

+ an offtank can be used to aggro the worms

18RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

We have two hunters who can ice trap the worms, so they should not get near anyone. If u start tanking them, the tank will get the aoe debuff. And the armour debuff after the tank gets eaten is only 50% and falls of after 1,5min, so before he gets eaten again. Should be doable with just one tank, considering the use of decent cooldowns and buffs.

19RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Gast

Grudgebeard wrote:We have two hunters who can ice trap the worms, so they should not get near anyone. If u start tanking them, the tank will get the aoe debuff. And the armour debuff after the tank gets eaten is only 50% and falls of after 1,5min, so before he gets eaten again. Should be doable with just one tank, considering the use of decent cooldowns and buffs.

When magmaw mangles a tank, he'll put a -50% armor debuff that lasts 2 minutes, so tank swap is needed between each mangle.
(to spare healers)
(Blood and Glory)

20RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Gast

Slaybeard wrote:
Grudgebeard wrote:We have two hunters who can ice trap the worms, so they should not get near anyone. If u start tanking them, the tank will get the aoe debuff. And the armour debuff after the tank gets eaten is only 50% and falls of after 1,5min, so before he gets eaten again. Should be doable with just one tank, considering the use of decent cooldowns and buffs.

When magmaw mangles a tank, he'll put a -50% armor debuff that lasts 2 minutes, so tank swap is needed between each mangle.
(to spare healers)
(Blood and Glory)

some tanks also speak of a bug or a superhit.

With the 50% armor debuff he usually melees me for about 45-50k, with about 20k blocked, and then he'll rarely do some super-melee attack that hits for 80-85k hit, with about 35k blocked. I don't know if it's a bug, but it's really weird to me. That is a VERY hard hit for him. This is in 10 man by the way.

Second thing to keep in mind. The worms need to die on time.

21RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Yup, that's one of the tactics. Some go through with only one tank... I wonder what's the best for the healers : a single tank and one more dps should mean a shorter fight, but if they can get enough mana back when the boss is on the pike, they probably won't worry about the length of the fight.

That's where you see the limit of reading tacs and seeing vids, we have to see how it works for us to be able to make some decisions. Nothing beats learning the hard way Wink

22RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Gast

Spanks wrote:Yup, that's one of the tactics. Some go through with only one tank... I wonder what's the best for the healers : a single tank and one more dps should mean a shorter fight, but if they can get enough mana back when the boss is on the pike, they probably won't worry about the length of the fight.

That's where you see the limit of reading tacs and seeing vids, we have to see how it works for us to be able to make some decisions. Nothing beats learning the hard way Wink
i couldnt agree more Wink

23RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:24 pm

jarich

jarich
Admin

i won't be making it so you are down one melee, and you need atleast one to do this boss

24RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Harleaquinn

Harleaquinn

I will probably be late... work work Crying or Very sad

25RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Incy

Incy
Admin

feedback ladies and gentlemen :)what were the problems and how can we fix them? Wink

https://ordomalificum.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum