Ordo Malificum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Belgian WoW Guild

You are not connected. Please login or register

RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw

+4
haya
Spanks
Santa
Incy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw - Page 2 Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Grudgebeard

Grudgebeard

Add management mostly. So I would suggest using the tactic where the offtank handles all the adds and the others focus on the boss. So basicly the same positioning as last time, but with the offtank where the hunter at range used to be. The adds do minimal melee damage, and the debuff they do on their target causes and aoe damage effect (oh noes, I'm a tank, no ones around and I take 10K dmg -> shrug). Might work, might fail epically, but only the future can point that out. The parasites might spawn more adds, but even so... We'll see if I can handle them, if not quite, one dps can help me out.

27RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw - Page 2 Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Gast

Another thing that failed was bringing the head down.

You have 30 seconds to do so or the one eaten (the tank ==> me) dies.
So the two people jumping on the head need to speak to each other when to click and plz do not wait to long.

28RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw - Page 2 Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Spanks

Spanks

Jumping on the head is similar to entering a vehicle.

You get a skill that allows you to target the spike (and yes, you do have to aim for the spike) to get the chain in place. A single chain lasts around 4 sec before breaking and the skill has a 6 sec cooldown.

When both chains are in place, the boss is brought down but it isn't immediate, I don't know if the tank gets spit out when the chains are in place or when the boss is on the spike, but it makes a few seconds of difference.

29RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw - Page 2 Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

Saty

Saty

Grudgebeard wrote:Your master says, check this video. I prefer it over the Tankspot video. Firstly because it is for the 10-man version, and secondly, because it seems a lot less prone to mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdV3hYPMJs

This is the tactic we used in my previous guild, it is indeed easier when you have 1 dedicated "Pillar-runner".
I used to do the pillar running :
- Drop earthbind totem when the pillar comes = slow 1
and should i move just a bit too late and get knocked in the air by the pillar, our lovely priest would "grip" me to the group
- Hunter lays his frost trap in between the pillar and the rest of the raid
- Warlocks stun when needed
- Knockback emergency from my thunderstorm
When the first pillar hits and you kill the adds, the pillar-runner must really watch his DBM bars, since the next pillar will be very closely timed to that. You have to be back at your initial spot by then.

About the adds : when they get near, they jump on you and spawn a new add. So I don't think it's good to use a melee or offtank for those.
Adds are all about slow management and stun rotation. (oh, and big blasting huge AOE dps Smile )

30RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw - Page 2 Empty Re: RAID - Blackwing Descent - Magnaw Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 am

Spanks

Spanks

Ah well, in the end, we succeeded doing it in the tankspot way... even if it wasn't the preference of our dear dwarf Wink

Btw, I know why we got the "incident" with Badhor. Seems like you can click on the boss through the ground (because of him being a giant worm coming from below), and then, if you right click to move around, blam, autoshot, pet attacking and so, and so...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum